November 14, 2012

TAKING TIME OUT

{source}


I can't remember the last time I just sat for 15 minutes, doing nothing. This is what I did while at my first acupuncture session.

I was really curious about how acupuncture felt and what the effects might be.I don't know about you but once I have something on my radar it tends to come to me. This may be a matter of knowing what I want at the time in question, or it may just be luck. In any case, I'd been talking about acupuncture with a friend and how it had really helped her back pain. I have been having back pain and other joint pain of my own and thought that would be a great way to relieve it. Then at a playground I met an acupuncturist, who just started treating people in Brooklyn, four blocks from my house. It couldn't have been more perfect. Her practice is Tigerlily Holistics, if you too are in the market for acupuncture and live in Bushwick.

Sitting, or rather lying, for 15 minutes with various needles stuck into me, which kept me from fidgeting, was quite a nice thing. Not even when I am at yoga class do I sit that long in total relaxation. Stepping back from the day to reflect or daydream is something I need to incorporate into my regular daily schedule. I highly recommend it.

No comments: